For students who are returning to continue their lessons, and to new beginners, I invite you to: "wake up your guitar" and increase your enjoyment of a remarkably satisfying instrument.
Welcome Students of Leyenda Guitar!
- Cost is $155 for a block of 5 - 1/2 hour - weekly private sessions.
- Lessons are scheduled and paid for in advance.
- To change or cancel scheduled lessons please give a minimum of 48 hours notice.
- Late cancels or no-shows are considered paid for.
- Though there are no 'make-up' lessons, extra time will be given when available.
- In any case do call if you are planning to miss a lesson.
About Brenda Lee: I have been teaching music on guitar and performing (www.brendaleemusic.com) for over 30 years. I love to share my passion for this remarkably satisfying instrument. My background includes a Bachelor of Music degree as well as a Bachelor of Education degree, both from Queen’s University, Kingston, Ont.
Email: email@example.com Phone/text: (867) 333-9777 Website: www.leyendaguitar.com Twitter: www.twitter.com/4onsix
Teaching Philosophy: I believe that music is natural and inherent in all of us. Young or adults, training or not, we are entitled and able to express ourselves musically. I was fortunate to have grown up in a musical household and know ﬁrst hand how a musical environment enriches our lives. Encouraging music making in the home is rewarding and allows a positive and creative personal expression that will help us in all facets of our communication.
Lessons: Taking music lessons requires a commitment from both student and teacher. I am committed to your scheduled lesson time each week including the time spent preparing special lesson material for you. I present lessons in ﬁve consecutive week segments to give students an opportunity to develop a successful practice routine with a focus unique to individual needs. I am conﬁdent students will ﬁnd their progress steady, while obtaining feedback and guidance when attending regular weekly lessons.
- Lesson Times: Lessons occur weekly at a regular time. These are private, one-on-one guitar lessons. Students are expected to attend regular weekly sessions over a 5 week period.
- Rates: Lesson cost is $155 for a block of 5 consecutive half-hour weekly lessons. Paid in advance, by cash, e-payment via email or cheques made out to Brenda Lee Katerenchuk. Receipts available upon request.
- Reserving the next 5 week block: If you plan on continuing another block of lessons, payment is due on the 5th and last paid session. If you do not intend to continue lessons, please inform me a week in advance to plan our ﬁnal lesson.
- Cancellations: Please let me know a minimum of 48 hours in advance (2 days) if you plan to cancel a lesson. With advance notice, you will not be charged. If an alternative time is available we will reschedule the lesson that week otherwise there is no makeup session. You can contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and text or telephone (867-333-9777). Cancellations less than 48 hours are considered paid for. In any case please do let me know of you cannot make it.
- No-shows: If the student misses a lesson without calling/texting in advance (a “no-show”), the student will forfeit that lesson. Note that I am holding a reserved time slot for you. Any student who misses two consecutive lessons without calling (either before or after the missed lesson) will be assumed to have quit and your time slot will be passed on to another student. Any outstanding lesson payments will be billed to you.
- Late for Lesson: Students more than 5 minutes late for their lesson may not get the full 30 minutes. Most lessons are scheduled back to back. Your lesson will end when it is time for the next student's lesson to begin. If your lesson starts late because my schedule is running behind, you WILL get your full 30 minutes.
- Cancellation by me: If I need to miss a lesson due to my performing agenda or if the weather is too cold (around -30 C) I will notify you as soon as possible and the lesson will be rescheduled.
- Parents: Lessons require focus and concentration. Parents are welcome to sit in on any lesson, but my prime focus is on the student and any distractions (e.g. friends, siblings, etc.) are discouraged from being present in the lesson room. Any questions on the students progress are welcomed and encouraged.
By purchasing any amount of lessons from Leyenda Guitar Studies, you have agreed that you have read and understood all the information above.
Please tell me if you’re not thoroughly enjoying your lessons, and we’ll work out what’s needed to make this a rewarding experience to ensure that your needs are met.
Brenda Lee Katerenchuk
Leyenda Guitar, 303 Hawkins St.,
Whitehorse, Yukon Print Teaching Policy