Artful Practice Musical Mind
Increase your confidence and understanding of music on guitar.
How to hold a guitar will depend on the type of guitar we are playing. Often the type of guitar we choose will also influence the style of music we choose to learn. There are so many types of guitars. If you are a beginner with a desire to play guitar but do not know where to start, music lessons may be your answer. At Leyenda Guitar, students will be guided in developing positive practice skills, proper posture habits and a variety of techniques for both left and right hands. Instruction in pick-style melodic playing, found in the jazz and blues genres, is also taught.
Many students will find themselves settle into a preferred genre of study; for example classical guitar and notation reading or acoustic style finger-picking.
Become the player you want to be!
As a professional guitarist and certified educator for over 30 years I have taught hundreds of students how to play in a variety of guitar styles. Topics cover all aspects of learning an instrument and include reading music notation and tablature, fretboard theory, choosing an instrument, changing strings and even writing your own songs. Students interested in singing and strumming are also invited to pursue private instruction.
Guitar instruction will help you to:
- discover techniques proven to enhance your continued practice success.
- succeed with private one on one professional instruction.
- keep motivated with regular feedback to guide you.
- enjoy guitar lessons at all ages and levels.
- become the player you want to be!
- discover resources that support your interests.
- increase your skills and confidence with personalized instruction and video lessons.
Private guitar lessons can help you become a better player!
- Understand the language of music as it relates to songs you already know and love.
- Be inspired learning music that compliments your personal learning style and preferences.
- Explore a diverse repertoire that you will enjoy playing for yourself and others.
- Progress steadily with positive guidance and feedback.
- Increase your confidence while enjoying a regular practice routine.