Artful Practice Musical Mind
At Leyenda Guitar, students are introduced to many popular and beautiful pieces in the guitar repertoire. Through a variety of musical styles, including classical, folk, jazz, electric and acoustic steel-string, students will develop a versatile repertoire and technical skills which will enhance their musicianship and appreciation for the guitar and music making.
Students will be guided in developing positive practice skills, proper posture habits and a variety of techniques for both left and right hands. Instruction in pick-style melodic playing, found in the jazz and blues genres, is also taught.
Many students will find themselves settle into a preferred genre of study; for example classical guitar and notation reading or acoustic style finger-picking.
As a professional guitarist and certified educator for over 30 years I have taught hundreds of students how to play in a variety of guitar styles. Topics cover all aspects of learning an instrument and include reading music notation and tablature, fretboard theory, choosing an instrument, changing strings and even writing your own songs. Students interested in singing and strumming are also invited to pursue private instruction.
Increase Your Enjoyment of a Remarkably Satisfying Instrument!
Learn to develop a dedicated guitar practice with the guidance of a teacher who cares about your success and help you to create an artful practice and musical mind.
- Understand the language of music as it relates to songs you already know and love.
- Be inspired learning music that compliments your personal learning style and preferences.
- Explore a diverse repertoire that you will enjoy playing for others.
- All ages and levels will enjoy guitar lessons.
- Progress steadily with positive guidance.
- Increase confidence and enjoy daily practice.
- Discover resources that support your interests.
- Become the player you want to be!
- Increase your skills and confidence with personalized instruction and video lessons.
- Discover techniques proven to enhance your continued practice success.
- Succeed with private one on one professional instruction.
- Keep motivated with regular feedback.
Private music instruction will help you become a better player.
"Check out the Leyenda Guitar Twitter feed and find great references and articles about music and guitar."